Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Simple Cooking For On-The-Go Dieters

Good Evening-

I hope that you all are conquering your weight loss goals and that you are staying on track to the diet plan you have chosen. If you do not know by now, I am a business owner, a photographer and a freelance television producer. My schedule does not always permit me to spend 30-45 minutes in the kitchen trying to prepare a healthy meal. Generally I do have to prepare my meals the night before to ensure that I stay on track and that I do not get off of my diet protocol.

I wanted to take the time and share this wonderful recipe that is so easy to prepare and cooks in 5 minutes!!!! It is also my lunch for Day #5.

So let's get started:

Menu Item:

Lemon Pepper Fish with Asparagus


© 2012 Counting Down The Pounds
What You Will Need:

Microwavable Steamer

4 oz of Whitefish (for this meal I used tilapia)

1 cup of asparagus

juice of one lemon

1 tsp oregano

sea salt

black pepper

(other ingredients in photo were used to make another recipe)



Preparation:

Step 1: Cut the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Be sure that you watch your proportions and that you properly measure out 1 cup. Since we used whole stem asparagus, you can use your index finger and your thumb and wrap them around a bunch of asparagus. If the index finger does not meet the tip of your thumb you have to much.
© 2012 Counting Down The Pounds
Step 2: Place your cut asparagus into the bottom of your microwavable steamer. (You can find these on amazon or even at your local shopping/dept. stores) Make sure that you find and or purchase a medium size steamer that will house all of your veggies and fish.


Step 3:  Place whitefish on top of asparagus, top with squeeze of lemon, oregano, sea salt and black pepper. Make sure that you watch the amount of spices you are using and try to stick with only allowable spices that are on your diet plan.

© 2012 Counting Down The Pounds









Step 4:  Place the lid on your steamer and place in the microwave for 5 minutes. During this time make sure that you are following my blog. Here you will find some great tips and will get to witness my progress while on this diet plan!











Step 5: Remove steamer from microwave after the 5 minute cook time. Remove the fish and asparagus from the steamer, plate it up and enjoy.  If you are like me and on the go just throw it in the Tupperware!!!
© 2012 Counting Down the Pounds

Now its your turn to share a great quick and healthy meal with me! I hope to see your recipes soon!  Thanks for reading and supporting my journey!





2 comments:

  1. Wow Josh this is an awesome blog! I signed on to follow it. I hope you reach all your goals in this area. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie! I hope that you will continue to follow my progress! I really appreciate your support! Have a great day!

    Cheers,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete